Thursday, March 27, 2008

Final thoughts on Blogging before I move on to another tool…

It has been interesting and fun blogging about, well, blogging. I am engaged in a learning process where I am researching blogging while doing it at the same time; that’s pretty cool. When I look back on some of the authors’ suggestions for uses with students, those uses are what I’ve been doing myself, and therefore I am experiencing the positive learning impacts of blogging.

I have been out of the classroom on maternity and educational leave for almost a year and a half now and am really curious to know if teachers and teacher librarians in my school division are using blogs and blogging with their students. I wonder if anyone really knows a great deal about this tool, or has read any of the literature I have come across. Or is it going to be me who introduces this tool to my colleagues when I return to work next fall? Regardless, as a result of my findings, I have been forced to think differently about my classroom practice and am definitely interested in using blogs with my students. The uses of and learning potential that this tool produces are too great to ignore.

The following video by Rachel Boyd which was obtained from Teacher Tube is a good one to wrap up my "Final thoughts" post.

No comments: